Monday 2 March 2009

I still love barbie


Barbie was my first insight to fashion.

I got a doll one Christmas and a barbie Ferrari car but no clothing. My dad is really into cars, and use to buy model cars so i think he assumed the Ferrari was better than getting dolls clothes that my mum would no doubt vacuum up as i left them scattered around.

Unfortunately for them one outfit left me with little choice but to make barbie some outfits,
please note i must have been about 5 or 6, so couldn't sew so i took to dressing my barbie in toilet roll.

Yup, i made the best toilet paper sari's and it was so versatile, a little rip and you had an arm hole!

One morning i was feeling particularly adventurous and made my barbie a wedding dress, my mum wasn't impressed to see i had used about half a toilet role creating my master piece and it's amazing length of the living room veil, and subsequently bought me a bumper pack of clothing for barbie from Argos. Score! but any way i digress, massively!


Barbie turns 50 this year, there is no denying she is an icon and to mark the occasion Colette have created a barbie themed room which will be stocking a Jeremy Scott/Barbie collaboration clothing, and a series of pictures taken by King Karl, featuring barbie and model Baptiste Giabiconi.

p.s My toilet paper wedding dress was better!


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment